1993: BSc in Physics. Department of Physics, University of Crete
2003: PhD in Biomedical Technology. Department of Medicine, University of Crete.
Professional track and scientific output. Harilaos Ginis is a physicist, active in the field of biomedical physics and in particular physiological optics, ophthalmic devices and vision. He studied Physics in the University of Crete and granted his PhD (related to biomedical technology) from the department of medicine of the University of Crete. He is currently Head of Research in the Athens Eye Hospital, a leading specialised hospital in Greece. His work is focused on the development of novel diagnostic devices and intraocular implants. Previously (2012-2015), he was senior scientist at the Laboratorio de Optica, University of Murcia, Spain, investigating novel instruments for optical metrology in the human eye as well as the applications of ultrafast lasers in ophthalmology including corneal cross linking. Between 2003 and 2012 he was staff at the University of Crete, Department of Medicine, institute of Vision and Optics. His work in Crete was related to the development of surgical systems, new methods and diagnostic devices for ophthalmology. Since 2003 he teaches modules in Visual Optics, Image and Signal Processing and Modern Optics in the MSc Program “Vision and Optics” of the University of Crete. In addition, he has given short courses for the MSc program in “Ophthalmic Imaging” of the Democritus University of Thrace as well as for the Master in Optometry and Visual Sciences of the Technical University of Catalunya. He has supervised more than 20 MSc projects as primary supervisor and provided support and practical supervision of the students for 8 PhD projects. He is author of more than 50 peer-reviewed articles (total citations >1400, h-index: 19), inventor or co-inventor of 15 patents in the field of surgical and diagnostic devices for the human eye, and has written several book chapters in the field. (Google Scholar profile: https://scholar.google.gr/citations?user=mRigVyMAAAAJ ) He has given more than 150 talks in international conferences and more than 20 keynote (invited) lectures and seminars in Europe, the United States, middle East and Asia. His current research interests include optical metrology in the human eye, intraocular lenses, measurement of the mechanical properties of ocular tissues and mathematical modelling. He has extensive experience in organising summer schools (11 events) and international congresses (5 European Meetings in Physiological Optics). He has received and implemented more than 12 grants funded by national and European programs (total budget >4M Euro). Between 2012 and 2018 (two 3-year terms) he was the topical editor (Clinical Vision and Visual Optics) of the Journal of the Optical Society of America A: Optics, Image Science & Vision (JOSA A) He has served as guest editor for special issues of other journals in the field. Notable projects
• Harilaos Ginis has worked as a consultant to several major (US and Europe) companies in the field of biomedical devices, offering expertise in the design, research and development, clinical application and certification of various devices. In two cases, he has also licensed to the manufacturers the associated patents.
• He has served as head of Technical Research of InfiniteVision Optics S.A, Strasbourg, France a company that developed a novel intraocular lens.
• He has served as Regulatory Affairs manager and member of the scientific board of EYEPCR B.V. Amsterdam, Netherlands, a startup for the development of a novel ophthalmic implant.
• He has organised one of the first laboratories in an academic setting in Greece, that implemented a quality system. (1998, University of Crete, Laboratory of fine mechanics, ISO 9001, for the manufacturing of medical components and subsystems.) Besides ISO 9001 he is familiar with quality systems according to ISO 13485.
• He was responsible for system operation and related data management during a phase IIb clinical trial that led to the FDA approval of a surgical laser system (Autonomous-Alcon Arf Excimer laser).
• He has formed a start-up company Sinusmedii Ltd for the commercialisation of a novel diagnostic instrument. Sinusmedii was selected among the 10 most innovative startups in Greece in a competition held by SEV-Hellenic Federation of Enterprises and Eurobank (2013).
I. Peer Reviewed Articles
1. Pallikaris IG, Ginis HS, Kounis GA, Anglos D, Papazoglou TG, Naoumidis LP. Corneal hydration monitoring by laser-induced breakdown spectroscopy. J Refract Surg, 14(6):655-660, 1998
2. Pallikaris IG, Katsanevaki V, Ginis H. The PALM Technique as an Alternative to Customized Ablations. Seminars in Ophthalmology, 15(3):160-169, 2000.
3. Tsilimbaris MK, Ghinis H, Kounis G, Kimionis G, Pallikaris IG. Attenuation of ocular wall pulsation in eyes containing a gas bubble after vitrectomy. Curr Eye Res. 2002 Mar;24(3):202-5
4. Katsanevaki VJ, Ginis HS, Naoumidi II, Pallikaris IG. The PALM Technique: histological findings of masked phototherapeutic keratectomy on rabbit corneas. BMC Ophthalmol. 2003 Feb 19;3(1):4.
5. Ginis HS, Katsanevaki VJ, Pallikaris IG, Influence of ablation parameters on refractive changes after phototherapeutic keratectomy. J Refract Surg 2003;19:443-448.
6. Ginis HS, Plainis SS, Pallikaris AI, Repeatability of wavefront aberration measurements in small pupil sizes using a clinical Shack-Hartmann aberrometers. BMC Ophthalmol. 2004 Feb 11;4(1):1.
7. Pallikaris IG, Kymionis GD, Ginis HS, Kounis GA, Tsilimbaris MK, Ocular rigidity in living human eyes. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2005 Feb;46(2):409-14.
8. Pallikaris IG, Kalyvianaki MI, Katsanevaki VJ, Ginis HS. Epi-LASIK: preliminary clinical results of an alternative surface ablation procedure. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2005 May;31(5):879-85.
9. Plainis, S., Ginis, H. S., & Pallikaris, A. (2005). The effect of ocular aberrations on steady-state errors of accommodative response.
Journal of Vision, 5(5), 466-477, http://journalofvision.org/5/5/7/ doi:10.1167/5.5.7.
10. Ginis HS and Pallikaris IG. Overestimation of the spherical aberration after laser refractive surgery. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2006 May;32(5):898-9.
11. Kumar V, Plainis S, Aslanidis IM, Ginis HS, Phacoemulsification and implantation of an accommodating lens in an eye with previous PRK. J Refract Surg. 2006 Jan-Feb;22(1):106-8.
12. Kymionis GD, Tsiklis NS, Ginis H, Diakonis VF, Pallikaris I. Dry eye after photorefractive keratectomy with adjuvant mitomycin C. J Refract Surg. 2006 May;22(5):511-3.
13. Pallikaris IG, Kymionis G D, Ginis HS, Kounis GA, Tsilimbaris MK. Ocular rigidity in patients with age-related macular degeneration. Am J Ophthalmol. 2006 Apr;141(4):611-5.
14. Kounis GA, Tsilimbaris MK, Kymionis GD, Ginis HS, Pallikaris IG Estimating variability in Placido – based topographic systems. Optom Vis Sci 2007 Oct;84(10):984-9
15. Siedlecki D and Ginis HS. On the longitudinal chromatic aberration of the intraocular lenses. Optom Vis Sci. 2007 Oct;84(10):984-9.
16. Bueno JM, De Brouwere D, Ginis H, Sgouros I, Artal P. Purkinje imaging system to measure anterior segment scattering in the human eye. Opt Lett. 2007 Dec 1;32(23):3447-9.
17. Kymionis GD, Diakonis VF, Kounis G, Charisis S, Bouzoukis D, Ginis H, Yoo S, Tsilimbaris M, Pallikaris IG. Ocular rigidity evaluation after photorefractive keratectomy: an experimental study. J Refract Surg. 2008 Feb;24(2):173-7.
18. Kymionis GD, Diakonis VF, Kounis G, Bouzoukis DI, Gkenos E, Ginis H, Yoo SH, Pallikaris IG. Effect of excimer laser repetition rate on outcomes after photorefractive keratectomy. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2008 Jun;34(6):916-9.
19. Charisis SK, Ginis HS, Kounis GA, Tsilimbaris MK. Tono-Pen XL tonometry during application of a suction ring in rabbits. BMC Ophthalmol. 2008 Jul 30;8:14.
20. De Brouwere D, Ginis H, Kymionis G, Naoumidi I, Pallikaris I. Forward scattering properties of corneal haze. Optom Vis Sci. 2008 Sep;85(9):843-8.
21. Ginis H, Pentari I, Bouzoukis D, Naoumidi I, Pallikaris I. Narrow Angle Light Scatter in Rabbit Corneas after Excimer Laser Surface Ablation. [Ophthalmic and Physiological Optics 29 (3), pp. 357-362
22. Dastiridou AI, Ginis HS, De Brouwere D, Tsilimbaris MK, Pallikaris IG. Ocular Rigidity, Ocular Pulse Amplitude and Pulsatile Ocular Blood Flow: the effect of intraocular pressure. . Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 2009 Jul 15
23. Mirilas P, Kontis E, Mentessidou A, Myrillas K, Ginis H. J. Testis rigidity Tester: A prototype device for intraoperative detection of changes in testicular pressure and/or elasticity. First experimental experiences Pediatr. Urol. 2009 Oct 29
24. Kilintari M, Pallikaris A, Tsiklis N, Ginis HS. Image Quality Metrics for the Prediction of Subjective Best Focus. Optom Vis Sci. 2010 Jan 30.
25. Charisis SK, Naoumidi II, Ginis HS, Detorakis ET, Tsilimbaris MK. Contact transcleral ciliary body photodynamic therapy with verteporfin in pigmented rabbits: effect of repeated treatments. Photochem Photobiol. 2010 Jan;86(1):194-9. Epub 2009 Nov 12.
26. Pallikaris IG, Dastiridou AI, Tsilimbaris MK, Karyotakis NG and Ginis HS. Ocular Rigidity. Expert Review of Ophthalmology, June 2010, Vol. 5, No. 3, Pages 343-35.
27. Ginis HS, Pérez G, Bueno JM, Artal P. The wide-angle Point Spread Function of the human eye reconstructed by a new optical method. J Vis. 2012 Mar 26;12(3)
28. Kontadakis GA, Ginis H, Karyotakis N, Pennos A, Pentari I, Kymionis GD, Pallikaris IG. In vitro effect of corneal collagen cross-linking on corneal hydration properties and stiffness. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2012 Jun 23
29. Kling S, Ginis H, Marcos S. Corneal biomechanical properties from two-dimensional corneal flap extensiometry: application to UV-riboflavin cross-linking. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012 Jul 27;53(8):5010-5. doi: 10.1167/iovs.12-9583.
30. Dastiridou AI, Tsironi EE, Tsilimbaris MK, Ginis HS, Karyotakis N, Cholevas P, Androudi S, Pallikaris IG. Ocular Rigidity, Outflow facility, Ocular Pulse Amplitude and Pulsatile Ocular Blood Flow in Open Angle Glaucoma; a manometric study. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. [2013, 54(7):4571-4577]
31. Dastiridou AI, Ginis HS, Tsilimbaris MK, Karyotakis N, Detorakis E, Siganos C, Cholevas P, Tsironi EE, Pallikaris IG. Ocular Rigidity, Ocular Pulse Amplitude, and Pulsatile Ocular Blood Flow: The Effect of Axial Length. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci [2013, 54(3): 2087-2092]
32. Ginis HS , Perez GM, Bueno JM, Pennos A, Artal P. Wavelength Dependence of the Ocular Straylight. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. [2013, 54(5):3702-3708]
33. Bueno JM, Palacios R, Chessey MK, Ginis H. Analysis of spatial lamellar distribution from adaptive-optics second harmonic generation corneal images. Biomedical Optics Express 4 (7), 1006-1013
34. Vohnsen B, Thibos LN, Ginis H. Visual and Physiological Optics (Editorial). Ophthalmic and Physiological Optics 33 (4), 391-393
35. Dastiridou, A.I., Tsironi, E.E., Tsilimbaris, M.K., Ginis, H., Karyotakis, N., Androudi, S., Pallikaris, I.G. Author response: Dependence of outflow facility on intraocular pressure? (2014) Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science 55 (3) P. 1858
36. Evaluation of iridociliary and lenticular elasticity using shear-wave elastography in rabbit eyes ET Detorakis, EE Drakonaki, H Ginis, N Karyotakis, IG Pallikaris Acta Medica (Hradec Kralove) 57, 9-14
37. Author response: Dependence of outflow facility on intraocular pressure? AI Dastiridou, EE Tsironi, MK Tsilimbaris, H Ginis, N Karyotakis and I Pallikaris Investigative ophthalmology & visual science 55 (3), 1858-1858
38. Compact optical integration instrument to measure intraocular straylight. H Ginis, O Sahin, A Pennos, P Artal. Biomedical optics express 5 (9), 3036-3041
39. Intra-scleral parathalamus implant: efficacy and safety in rabbit eyes. Efstathios T Detorakis, Konstantina Loggaki, Nikolaos Karyotakis, Harilaos Ginis. Acta medica (Hradec Kralove) 57; 4; 2014/12 ; 151-156
40. Ocular Rigidity and Outflow Facility in Nonproliferative Diabetic Retinopathy T Panagiotoglou, M Tsilimbaris, H Ginis, N Karyotakis – Journal of diabetes research, 2015
41. Manometric measurement of the outflow facility in the living human eye and its dependence on intraocular pressure. NG Karyotakis, HS Ginis, AI Dastiridou, MK Tsilimbaris, IG Pallikaris. Acta ophthalmologica 93 (5), e343-e348
42. Spatial properties of fundus reflectance and red–green relative spectral sensitivity. D Christaras, H Ginis, P Artal JOSA A 32 (9), 1723-1728
43. Environmental and Genetic Factors Explain Differences in Intraocular Scattering Factors That Explain Intraocular Scattering. A. Benito; L. Hervella; J. Tabernero; A. Pennos; H. Ginis; J. Sánchez-Romera; J.R. Ordoñana; M. Ruiz-Sánchez; J.M. Marín; P Artal. Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science January 2016, Vol.57, 163-168.
II. Peer Reviewed Proceedings (selected List)
1. A phase perturbation model of light scattering in the human eye. HS Ginis, JJ Rozema, MJBR Tassignon, P Artal Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science 55 (13), 2120-2120
2. Collagen Crosslinking By Infrared Femtosecond Pulses In Ex-vivo Corneas. J Bueno, H Ginis, R Palacios, A Pennos, P Artal. Investigative
Ophthalmology & Visual Science 54 (15), 5287-5287
3. Spatial retinal reflectance properties and red-green relative spectral sensitivity. D Christaras, HS Ginis, P Artal. Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science 55 (13), 6249-6249
4. DIFFUSERS INDUCED OCULAR LIGHT SCATTERING MEASURED BY A PSYCHOPHYSICAL AND AN OPTICAL METHOD M Van der Mooren, HS Ginis, R Rosén, A Benito, L Franssen, A Pennos, P. Artal. Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science 55 (13), 3781-3781
5. Fast optical measurement of intraocular straylight. H Ginis, O Sahin, P Artal. SPIE BiOS, 93070R-93070R-4
6. Intraocular scattering shows low heritability. A Benito, L Hervella, J Tabernero, A Pennos, HS Ginis, Pablo Artal. Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science 56 (7), 1069-1069
7. N. Karyotakis, H. Ginis, A. Dastiridou, M. Tsilimbaris, and I. Pallikaris Temporal characteristics of the Ocular Pulse Amplitude and their dependence on average intraocular pressure ARVO Meeting Abstracts April 11, 2010 51:6407
8. A. Demesticha, H. Ginis, G. Kymionis, N. Astirakakis, and I. Pallikaris Visual Fields After Refractive Surgery ARVO Meeting Abstracts April 11, 2010 51:4205
9. I. Pentari, H. S. Ginis, A. Pennos, G. D. Kymionis, and I. G. Pallikaris Controlling Corneal Pachymetry Using Dextran Solutions: In vitro vs. in vivo Study ARVO Meeting Abstracts April 11, 2010 51:6204
10. A. Pennos, H. Ginis, I. Pentari, G. Kymionis, G. Kounis, and I. G. Pallikaris Differences Between Light Scattering Properties in Corneall Flaps Created With Femtosecond Laser and a Mechanical Microkeratome ARVO Meeting Abstracts April 11, 2010 51:2869
11. Guillermo M. Perez, Harilaos S. Ginis, Juan M. Bueno, Carlos Herrero, and Pablo Artal A Wavelength Tunable Optical Instrument For Measuring Ocular Scatter ARVO Meeting Abstracts April 22, 2011 52:5275
12. Harilaos S. Ginis, Guillermo M. Perez, Thomai Tsiftsi, Juan P. Cascales, Juan M. Bueno, and Pablo Artal Wide-Angle Point Spread Function of the Human Eye: An Optical Procedure to Measure Scatter ARVO Meeting Abstracts April 22, 2011 52:5274
13. Georgios A. Kontadakis, Alexandros Pennos, Iro Pentari, George D. Kymionis, Ioannis G. Pallikaris, and Harilaos S. Ginis Corneal Edema And Tonometry Errors: An In-vitro Comparative Evaluation Of Dynamic Contour Tonometry, Goldman Applanation Tonometry And Tonopen Xl. ARVO Meeting Abstracts April 22, 2011 52:681
14. H.S. Ginis, I. Pentari, A. Pennos, I.G. Pallikaris. Intensity and Angular Distribution of Light Scattering From Corneal Tissue at Different Hydration States. ARVO Meeting Abstracts April 11, 2010 51:5647
15. H. S. Ginis, A. Sahanidis, S. Plainis, T. Giannakopoulou, I. Pentari, and I. Pallikaris Forward Light Scatter in Hydrogel and Silicon-Hydrogel Contact Lenses at Different Time Intervals of Use Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 50: E-Abstract 1550.
16. A. Dastiridou, H. Ginis, D. De Brouwere, N. Karyotakis, M. Tsilimbaris, and I. Pallikaris Axial Length, Ocular Rigidity and Pulsatile Ocular Blood Flow Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 50: E-Abstract 414.
17. I. Pentari, H. S. Ginis, G. Kounis, N. Tsiklis, D. Tsatsaronis, and I. G. Pallikaris Ablation Rate of Corneal Stroma as a Function of Hydration at 193nm and 213nm Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 50: E-Abstract 588.
18. N. Karyotakis, H. Ginis, A. Dastiridou, M. Tsilimparis, and I. Pallikaris Pressure-dependent Outflow Facility in the Living Human Eye Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 50: E-Abstract 808.
19. D. De Brouwere, H. S. Ginis, A. Dastiridou, G. Kounis, M. Tsilimbaris, and I. Pallikaris A Mathematical Model for the Dynamic Equilibrium of Intraocular Pressure Based on Manometric Measurement in the Living Human Eye Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 2008 49: E-Abstract 355.
20. I. Pentari, H. Ginis, D. De Brouwere, D. Bouzoukis, I. Naoumidi, and I. Pallikaris Corneal Healing Response and Light Scatter After Photorefractive Keratectomy in Rabbits Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 2008 49: E-Abstract 3909.
21. T. D. Panagiotoglou, D. De Brouwere, H. S. Ginis, M. K. Tsilimbaris, and I. G. Pallikaris Non-Invasive Measurement of Ocular Rigidity With a Novel Instrument Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 2008 49: E-Abstract 4598.
22. T. D. Panagiotoglou, D. De Brouwere, H. S. Ginis, M. K. Tsilimbaris, and I. G. Pallikaris Non-Invasive Measurement of Ocular Rigidity With a Novel Instrument Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 2008 49: E-Abstract 4598.
23. A. Dastiridou, D. De Brouwere, H. Ginis, G. Kymionis, M. Tsilimbaris, and I. Pallikaris Invasive Measurement of the Change in Ocular Pulse Amplitude and Pulsatile Ocular Blood Flow in Relation to the Intraocular Pressure Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 2008 49: E-Abstract 4128.
24. J. M. Bueno, I. Sgouros, D. De Brouwere, H. Ginis, and P. Artal. Purkinje Imaging System to Objectively Measure Corneal Haze and Lenticular Scattering Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 2007 48: E-Abstract 5337.
25. N. Lopez-Gil, A. Pallikaris, H. Ginis, and V. Fernández-Sánchez Effect of the Spherical Aberration in the Subjective Spherical Refraction and Depth of Field Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 2007 48: E-Abstract 972.
26. K. Charisis, I. Naoumidi, H. S. Ginis, and M. K. Tsilimbaris Transcleral Ciliary Body Photodynamic Therapy With Verteporfin in pigmented Rabbits : Hypotensive Effect and Morphologic Changes After 4 Retreatments Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 2007 48: E-Abstract 3970.
27. H. S. Ginis, D. De Brouwere, and I. Pallikaris Single-Pass Measurement of Corneal Scatter in Rabbit Eyes After Photorefractive Keratectomy Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 2007 48: E-Abstract 3511.
28. D. De Brouwere, H. S. Ginis, T. J. T. P. van den Berg, and I. G. Pallikaris Comparative Study of Optical and Psychophysical Measurements for Intraocular Scatter Using Calibrated Scattering Contact Lenses Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 2007 48: E-Abstract 6006.
29. D. De Brouwere, G. Sgouros, H.S. Ginis, and I.G. Pallikaris. A Physical Model of Corneal Scatter Following Refractive Procedures Based on Glass Microspheres Suspended in Carbomer Gel. Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci., May 2006; 47: 2990.
30. P. Tzatzala, S. Plainis, H.S. Ginis, and M.K. Tsilimbaris. Evaluation of a Modified ETDRS Visual Acuity Chart Which Contains a Set of Sloan Roman Letters Used in All European Alphabets. Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci., May 2006; 47: 5360.
31. H.S. Ginis, N.G. Karyotakis, S. Plainis, and A. Pallikaris. The Effect of Light Intensity on Angular Resolution of the Human Eye as Determined by a Two–Point Discrimination Task. Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci., May 2006; 47: 1222.
32. I. Pallikaris, H.S. Ginis, D. De Brouwere, and M.K. Tsilimbaris. A Novel Instrument for the Non–Invasive Measurement of Intraocular Pressure and Ocular Rigidity. Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci., May 2006; 47: 2268.
33. S.K. Charisis, H.S. Ginis, G.A. Kounis, and M.K. Tsilimbaris. The Effect Of Vacuum Ring Application On Iop In The Living White Rabbit Eye. Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci., May 2006; 47: 3590.
34. D. De Brouwere, H. Ginis, K. Giannakoudaki, and I. Pallikaris. Estimation of Corneal Scatter by Analysis of Tscherning Images. Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci., May 2005; 46: 1083.
35. T.D. Panagiotoglou, H.S. Ginis, G.D. Kymionis, G.A. Kounis, M.K. Tsilimbaris, and I.G. Pallikaris. Refractive Surgery, Ocular Rigidity and Goldmann Tonometry. Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci., May 2005; 46: 2726.
36. I. Pallikaris, H.S. Ginis, V. Katsanevaki, M. Kalyvianaki, and I. Naoumidi. Assessment of Epithelial Cell Trauma Following Mechanical Separation by Means of Trypan Blue Staining. Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci., May 2005; 46: 888.
37. M.K. Tsilimbaris, N.G. Karyotakis, I. Attiti, and H.S. Ginis. Modelling of 690 nm Laser Light Transmission Through the Sclera. Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci., May 2005; 46: 277.
38. H.S. Ginis, A. Pallikaris, I. Naoumidi, S. Panagopoulou, and I. Pallikaris. The role of corneal epithelium in smoothing laser – induced surface irregularities in rabbits. Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci., May 2004; 45: 1469.
38. S. Plainis, H. Ginis, A. Pallikaris, and I.G. Pallikaris. Implementation of image quality metrics to predict accommodative response. Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci., May 2004; 45: 1734.
39. I. Pallikaris, V. Katsanevaki, M. Kalyvianaki, I. Naoumidi, and H. Ginis. Epi–LASIK: Preliminary clinical results and histological findings of separated epithelial sheets. Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci., May 2004; 45: 4898.
40. HS Ginis, IG Pallikaris, MK Tsilimbaris, GA Kounis, and GD Kymionis. Changes In Ocular Rigidity Upon Insertion of an Intraocular Bubble. Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci., Dec 2002; 43: 1112.
40. I.G Pallikaris, D. Anglos, T.G. Papazoglou, H.S. Ginis, G.A. Kounis, L.P. Naoumidis. Spectroscopic estimation of the hydration of corneal models under laser irradiation.” Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. ARVO Annual meeting abstracts 1997.
41. Pallikaris IG, Ginis HS, Katsanevaki HJ. Photoablated lenticular Modulator –Palm technique a report of ten cases. Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. ARVO Annual meeting abstracts 1998
42. A novell in-situ-molded hydrogel contact lens for vitrectomy” Tsilimbaris MK, Margaritis AG, Lydataki S, Ghinis HS, Pallikaris IG. ARVO Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. ARVO Annual meeting abstracts 1997.
III. Book Chapters.
1. The PALM technique for the treatment of Irregular Astigmatism. Pallikaris IG, Katsanevaki VJ, Ginis HS. In: Treatment of irregular astigmatism. Alio H et al.
2. Epi-LASIK: A new refractive Technique. Histological Evaluation and Human Study. Pallikaris IG, Naoumidi II, Kalyvianaki MI, Ginis HS. In Wavefront and emerging technologies. Pp 181-187 2003 Kugler Publishing.
3. Principles and applications of retinal ray tracing (Tracey) aberometry. Molebny VV, Pallikaris IG, Molebny SV, Ginis HS.
4. Accommodation dynamics and its implication on customised corrections Katsanevaki V, Panagopoulou SS, Plainis S, Ginis, HS and Pallikaris IG (2004). Chapter 13 in Wavefront customised visual correction: The Quest for Super Vision II, edited by Krueger RR, Applegate RA and MacRae SM, SLACK incorporated, pp 115-120.
5. Dynamics of the accommodation system: implications on customised laser ablations. Plainis S, Panagopoulou S, Katsanevaki V, Ginis HG and Pallikaris IG (2003). Chapter 20 In Wavefront analysis, aberrometers and corneal topography, Edited by Boyd B and Agarwal A, Highlights in Ophthalmology, pp 323-330.
6. Refractive Surgery, Correction of Vision, PRK and LASIK. Luis-Diaz Santana and Harilaos Ginis (Handbook of Optics, Optical Society of America, 3rd Edition).
7. Evaluating Success: Computational metrics of Image quality. Presbyopia Origins, Effects, and Treatment. SLACK Incorporated ISBN-13: 978-1617110269
Patents (indicative list)
Devices and substances for the mechanical reinforcement of the cornea. (Design, materials and tools for the implantation of Intracorneal implants for the mechanical reinforcement and optical enhancement of the cornea.) Harilaos Ginis; Ioannis Pallikaris Greece, 2010
Device for the measurement of intraocular pressure, ocular rigidity and pulsatile blood flow. (A novel optoelectronic sensor for the measurement of ocular rigidity and intraocular pressure) Harilaos Ginis; Miltiadis Tsilimparis; Ioannis Pallikaris (Greece 2007)
Device for the intraoperative measurement of testicular rigidity. (Mechanical device for the measurement of testicular rigidity of infants during surgery for cryptorchidism.) Harilaos Ginis; Petros Myrilas; Ioannis Pallikaris (Greece 2006, PCT)
Device and method for the increase of ocular elasticity and prevention of macular degeneration (Intraocular compressible devices to modify the macroscopical mechanical properties of the eye globe and improve blood circulation.) Ioannis Pallikaris; Miltiadis Tsilimparis; George Kymionis; George Kounis; Harilaos Ginis (United States of America 2001)
Device for separating the epithelium layer from the surface of the cornea of an eye. (Removing the epithelium from the surface of the cornea as a complete sheet. The epi-LASIK technique.) Ioannis Pallikaris; Harilaos Ginis (United States of America 2001)
Device for the shaping of a substance on the surface of a cornea (Placing and molding in-situ a substance on the surface of the cornea for the laser-assisted smoothing of its surface.) Ioannis Pallikaris; Harilaos Ginis (United States of America 2001)
METHOD AND SYSTEM FOR MEASURING INTRAOCULAR SCATTERING (A novel methodology for the measurement of intraocular scatter Type of industrial property) Pablo Artal; Guillermo Perez; Juan Bueno; Harilaos Ginis WO/2012/146813